Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Research Blog #8 Interview


I interviewed my former high school soccer goalie. He's now the starting goalie for the Rutgers team in only his freshman season. Since my paper pertains to student athletes, I figured it would be most beneficial to interview my friend to ask him about the schedule and commitment that comes with being a Division I athlete. As expected I learned that his dedication to the team is a year round process. In season, they practice everyday with a few games per week along with required study hall sessions after practices. The offseason consists of conditioning and fitness just about everyday.

The commitment of a student athlete is very time consuming. Between practice, games, weight room visits, and school work there's not much time for leisure, let alone maintaining a job. This interview will only help my case that student athletes simply don't have enough time to make money on their own.

Quotes
"Practices are almost everyday (in season)."

"In season, things get hectic due to the traveling."

"Last year we traveled a bunch of times. If it's far we fly out."

"After practices are classes and we are required to do study hall."

"In the off season is a lot of fitness and conditioning, we only play 5 games and practices are in the morning and classes after."

No comments:

Post a Comment